Blade SR Bible

Everything about the Blade SR

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > ready to quit

Gixxer

I have a sr and since changing blade grips it will not take off, all I have done so far when it did was crash, I am not sure what I am doing but I am sick of wasting the families money on something that is not satisfying, and my local hobby shop is of no use, they will assist me for pay, but that is it. I am doing this to help me with skills after I had a serious head injury but all I am is frustrated, and please do not suggest I BUY something else, as I said $$$ is issue.    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

--
June 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gixxer

not seeing any replies, I may trash this sr and try another brand, so frustrated.

June 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

Possibly you installed the blade grips upside down or flipped a mixing arm.  Maybe your swash plate got separated, try pressing it back together.  Are your blades and fly bar paddles facing the correct direction?  Posting some close up photos of your heli's head will help.  Also look at the photos in the "Photos" section as you will find some close ups of a correctly setup head.

Additionally, the SR is just  a trainer not  a great flyer.  Investing in a Trex 450 Sport would make the hobby much more enjoyable if the SR isn't cutting it for you.

June 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gixxer

I still have no idea what the hell I am doing, put new parts, checked things (i THOUGHT, APPARENTLY NOT)  blades spin but heli just sits there making noise, I hope someone here can be of some help, hobbies are supposed to be fun, and therapudic. I am getting over bad head injuries, in coma w/ skull fractures and other injuries, my Dr.  said it would help, but all I want to do is  pull my hair out. Would someone please HELP!!!!!

--
June 24, 2011 at 6:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

Gixxer at June 24, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I still have no idea what the hell I am doing, put new parts, checked things (i THOUGHT, APPARENTLY NOT)  blades spin but heli just sits there making noise, I hope someone here can be of some help, hobbies are supposed to be fun, and therapudic. I am getting over bad head injuries, in coma w/ skull fractures and other injuries, my Dr.  said it would help, but all I want to do is  pull my hair out. Would someone please HELP!!!!!

Can you please post pictures of your heli's head.  Have you tried what I suggested above?  There a number of things that can be wrong, so seeing your heli will make it easier to diagnose.

June 24, 2011 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gixxer

do not know how to download pics, I had to relearn a lot after accident, I replaced blade grips and from there it went downhill, or rather stayed planted on the ground. seems like not enough blade pitch and not enough movement  when running.                     the order on the shaft thru the grips is as follows, allen bolt,washer,step washer,bearing,brass bushing,grip,bearing,step washer,shim,shim,shimo ring, center shaft and the same on the other side.   the book was vauge as per order, I hope this is right, if no0t please advise as I want to move to something more challenging than cars, love cars but need to challenge myself after accident. I apprerciate any advise or suggestions,  I would love to do more than hover a few feet up, but without proper set up. I wish there was someone in DFW to teach me. THANKS

--
June 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

Gixxer at June 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM

do not know how to download pics, I had to relearn a lot after accident, I replaced blade grips and from there it went downhill, or rather stayed planted on the ground. seems like not enough blade pitch and not enough movement  when running.                     the order on the shaft thru the grips is as follows, allen bolt,washer,step washer,bearing,brass bushing,grip,bearing,step washer,shim,shim,shimo ring, center shaft and the same on the other side.   the book was vauge as per order, I hope this is right, if no0t please advise as I want to move to something more challenging than cars, love cars but need to challenge myself after accident. I apprerciate any advise or suggestions,  I would love to do more than hover a few feet up, but without proper set up. I wish there was someone in DFW to teach me. THANKS

Here is a picture of the feathering shaft assembly:

June 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

Also make sure your mixing arms make this shape shape of the "S" in the picture below:

June 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

To get more positive pitch, try lowering your swash plate by shortening the 3 links attatched to the servos.

Do you have a hobby shop near by?  Possibly they can help you.

Below is a close up of the head.  Make sure your SR's looks exactly like this.

June 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gixxer

This helps so much, my hobby shop is ok for purchases but the employees are mainly train people. I see I left out a bearing on each side, and my pitch was low. I will eat breakfast and fix and get back as per level of sucess, also take grandson to get a co-axial heli large enough for outside. Any suggestions or decent items for sale, used or new. Thanks so much!!!  JB

--
June 26, 2011 at 7:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gixxer

Now it autorotates CCW, I have never hated a hobby as much as the Blade has causedn me to regret ever purchasing it. For what cost of Heli and Repairs in Last 2 mos, I could have purshased a Trex 450 and actuallyfly it. I now have a feathering shaft to replace, along with blade grips, main shaft, mixing arms, body, tailboom, tail blade, chassis, main gear, blades, flybar, links for mixing arms,  and a large dent in battery, with these incurred costs I may rethink and just order the HK459 and throw this in back yard for my dogs to chew on. SERIOUS. If anyone has any thoughts, reply or my ph # is 682-323-4128, call and would love to discuss this. Over $100 n damage, this may be the last flight for this junk, debating to let dogs have it or send to Horizen and see what they do. Regardless I am not sinking another penny in this ridiculous piece of junk, I am ordering the trex 450 clone Today. Thanks    Gixxer (Jerry)

--
August 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rockin'Robbie

Are you *sure* this is a theraputic hobby for someone recovering from a brain injury?  From  what is sounds like to me, you might be risking another injury or ... even worse.  A collective pitch helicopter seems to me,  to be the hardest of  R/C aircraft to fly.

Just imagine a 22 inch flying circular saw.....

--

5 O'clock Charlie

January 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

flyboy337

The blade sr 120 is way way way easier to fly and its very crash proof.

--
  • livetoflytolive
January 31, 2012 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

flyboy337 at January 31, 2012 at 3:00 AM

The blade sr 120 is way way way easier to fly and its very crash proof.

That is very true, but for those interested in learning CP helicopters, the Blade mCP X is also just about indestructible.

January 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Reel Quick

The blade msr gave me alot of confidence.And cheap to repair. Just put the SR down for a while.That `s what I do when mine gets the better of me.

February 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ruudy

Would be helpful I some expert here would post a video of step by step setup of the leveling the swashplat and head setup.and blade tracking for the Blade SR

Would be very helpful

September 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

LOL  there are SEVERAL videos in the video section doing EXACTLY that..  how to set up and level your swash   how to set up your transmitter etc etc.

I TOTALLY understand the OP's frustration.  I PROMISE  in time you will be able to rebuild and set up your SR with a blindfold on  and one arm tied behind your back .

I have done mine 100's of times... yes because I have crashed it this many times. HA HA HA   but no major crashes in a long time..

When I first started I too was ready to pitch the SR in the trash...  now I actually like my sr.  why?? not because it flies great.   not beacuse its the coolest thing out there.  

WHY?? because its easy to work on  cheap to fix  and flies ok.. 

relax   start from the top  go through EVERYTHING one step at a time.  make sure its set up correctl and all will work!

things to check (all have been said  but gonna say it again)

Glade grips....  on the right way (if they are backwards they will give negative pitch  if the WHOLE head and Radio is not set up for it)

Bell hiller mixers... going the right way?? (think KISS logo)  long side short side   right way??    dont look in the SR book its wrong!

PITCH  in the radio going the right way??    THROTTLE LOCK ON (blades off for best safety)  from zero throttle to full throttle..  which way does the trailing edge of the blade go?  it should go UP!

BLADE ROTATION.  looking top down  should turn counter clockwise..

SWASH LEVEL??   MID STICK STUNT MODE THROTTLE LOCK ON (blades off  motor disconnected)  is it level??      swash leveler is the best.   an old Busted up main gear and 3 equal length screws work well too.  A GOOD EYEBALL is actually pretty good for an SR.

thses are some good places to start.

Frustrations will come.   but in time they will get better and less often!

HEli's are not like Planks.. the learning curve is TOUGH.  get past them and you'll enjoy Heli's

I have been at it for over a year now.   crashed 1000's oftimes.  BUT  I crash WAY less now.

Can I do stunts and 3d.. NOT REALLY   a loop  here and there    upside down hover. once or twice on the sr.   mostly ending in crashes... but YES I REALL HAVE FUN DOING IT NOW..

Patience.. hand hang in there it will come.   one day it will turn on like a light switch!

then you will really start to enjoy this!

September 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ruudy

I think you got the blade rotation wrong, the blades turn clockwise,

I have at the moment 3 SRs of which 1 is new out of the shop and they all turn clockwise, but maybe that is just here in Europe.

I am a bit worried about the information given her on SR bible

September 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ruudy

ruudy at September 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Would be helpful I some expert here would post a video of step by step setup of the leveling the swashplat and head setup.and blade tracking for the Blade SR

Would be very helpful

I had a look at the 28 videos here, there is not 1 about swash plate or head setup.

Zo Metalwizard get your facts right

September 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

ruudy at September 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM

ruudy at September 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Would be very helpful

I had a look at the 28 videos here, there is not 1 about swash plate or head setup.

Zo Metalwizard get your facts right

You can either be respectful or leave.  

To level the swash plate, just adjust the 3 rods from the servos until it is level.  Now check that you have 0 pitch at mid stick and equal amounts of positive and negative pitch in idle up.  Unplug the motors for safety.  If you do have that, you're done.  If not, adjust the pitch links up top and the swash plate until you do.  Once the swash plate is level only adjust the 3 rods an equal amount of turns so it remains level.

September 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

No recent entries

Recent Videos

104 views - 0 comments
664 views - 0 comments
926 views - 4 comments
643 views - 2 comments

Facebook Like Button

Google +1 Button

Twitter Tweet Button