Blade SR Bible

Everything about the Blade SR

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Belted tail attempt

metalwizard

So  a while back I tried the  belted tail idead   with the kit from the guy in europ (cant recall off hand)

anyways   when it worked  it worked well..   but  the bugs were more of a problem than anything.   so I dumped it.   the SR flies fine with the electric tail (ok almost fine)

so  i had an idea.    300x tail??

so I boughht one online  from one ofthose guys that tears apart helies and sells them piece by piece.

so  step one.   I have a new  complete tail   cost so far  $12.95 

I like the sr I have now  so I wont mess with it.   so I ordered a used frame hrad etc. and I will go from there.

keep watching I will post some pics and see how it goes!

February 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner
It will be cool if you get it to work, but I believe the boom diameters are different. Anyway, I'm excited to see what you come up with.
February 15, 2014 at 1:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

Yes  the 300x  boom is larger diameter and a little bit longer. 

I orderd a NEW/USED frame   I am going to experement on opening up the hole to get the book to fit!   I also may have to trim down the boom to get the belt to fit the drive gear properly 

I have a drive gear from a 300x I am going to try.  if it does not work I still have the metal one from the other belted tail setup to use.  but I want to try and stay away from that stuff as much as I can.   not because its no good but because its not as easy to come by.. (I want to see if I can get local parts  as much as possible)

February 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mike

The SR boom is 8.0mm outer diameter, and 7.0mm inner diameter. The 300x boom is 10.0mm outer diameter, and 8.8 inner diameter. If you do shred the belt, the 300x belt fits the belt kit from freestyle. 

February 28, 2014 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

Well i tinkered a bit. and so far its looking good.

I drilled out the tail holder on the sr frame.. this makes that rather weak  right there BUT it does fit when drilled out.

I added some support to it and A screw to keep it locked in place.

align 450  belt drive gear fits NICE.  al I had to do was two nuts bolts and washeres and it bolted RIGHTto the SR  main gear..

I am going to have to trim the frame a little bit to get the belt pullies in place..

this actually seems like it will fit nice.   BUT wight is going to be my main issue next..

March 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

Glad it is working out.  Any pictures to post?

March 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

SYMAWD at March 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Glad it is working out.  Any pictures to post?

Yep  just got back from a big launch I'll try and get some up!

Now  I am sure this is NOT the easy way to do things  so dont run out and buy stuff thinking "THIS IS GREAT"  

I like to tinker...  so this is more for "can it be done??"  what the heck  give it a try

March 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

Alrighty  

I got the belted tail on... it works.. but honestly  WAY to much work for what it is...

BUT I just had another thought..

how about a brushless tail setup..

the new 200sr x   has this setup and it seems to work nice..

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/tail-motor-200-sr-x-BLH2022

since I already  changed out my esc for the main   why not add a small 8 amp esc for the tail  and run this setup...

I know theres better ways to do things... but  I just want to see if it works!

May 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SYMAWD
Site Owner

metalwizard at May 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Alrighty  

I got the belted tail on... it works.. but honestly  WAY to much work for what it is...

BUT I just had another thought..

how about a brushless tail setup..

the new 200sr x   has this setup and it seems to work nice..

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/tail-motor-200-sr-x-BLH2022

since I already  changed out my esc for the main   why not add a small 8 amp esc for the tail  and run this setup...

I know theres better ways to do things... but  I just want to see if it works!

It would be awesome if you could get that brushless tail to work easily.  

May 27, 2014 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

metalwizard

The only problem is the motor  HH wants $29.99  plus shipping for the motor..   so it wont be cheap LOL   looking at HK  for a similar motor  no luck yet..

I am going to go ahead and order one of the 200SR x's they seem like a really fun easy heli to fly!   

I fly my Double horse 9116 in the front yard ALL the time..  and my Msrx  this would be a nice upgrade I think!

May 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

No recent entries

Recent Videos

756 views - 0 comments
1294 views - 0 comments
1713 views - 4 comments
1348 views - 2 comments

Facebook Like Button

Google +1 Button

Twitter Tweet Button